Ballingarry Parish Journal 2011 - NOW ON SALE ONLINE!
The Ballingarry Parish Journal 2011, is available locally by emailing email@example.com or contacting Margaret Maher (Hon Sec Journal Committee)
Ballintaggart, Callan, Co. Kilkenny.
The jounal is also shipped worldwide, with purchasing via paypal
Cost €18.00 including P&P
Available to buy in the following locations:
- Tobin’s Foodstore, Ballingarry
- Daybreak, Ballingarry
- Ballingarry Post Office
- Ryan’s “The Miners Rest”, Ballingarry
- Amby’s, Ballingarry
- Pollards, Ballingarry
- Webster’s, The Commons
- Mairead’s, O’ Sullivan’s Cross, Ballingarry
- Centra, Killenaule
- Cahill’s, Gortnahoe
- Kerwick’s, Callan
Also available from any Committee Member: Murt Duggan, Margaret Maher, Kitty Norton, Eileen Heaphy, Martin Maher, Dan O’ Connell, Matt Alexander, Declan O’ Shea, Margaret Bergin & MaryAnne Maher
Some of the many items covered in the 260 pages & 32 colour pages of this years Journal are; a list of Births, Marriages & Deaths that occurred in the past year. Wedding & Graduation photographs. Details and photographs of the past year’s activities of the Parish Church & Crohane Church, Clubs, Organisations, Schools and childcare centres are included. Obituaries for some of our parishioners who past away during the year and numerous articles from many local contributors.
- Reports from The Church of the Assumption & Kilcooley/Fertagh Group of Parishes
- Presentation to Fr. Tom Breen
- The Ballingarry International Softball Player – Julie Walsh-Trundle
- Obituaries’ for Evelyn Cantwell, William McGrath, Mary B. Vaughan, Ellen (Nellie) Brady, Denis Tobin, Richie Tobin, Alice Stapleton, James (Jimmy) Cormack, Thomas Dunne, Dick Grant, Eileen Murphy, Bridie Fitzpatrick, Tom Croke, Bill Fitzgerald, Dick Brennan, Michael Corcoran, Michael Butler & Nancy Doheny - R.I.P.
- Retirement of Mr. Tom Fennessey, Presentation Secondary School, Principal
- Thomas Herbert-Wall Letter from the Past
- All Ireland Skittle Success
- Dinny Cleary looks back…..
- History of Ballingarry Schools
- Mrs. Bridie Meagher, Main St. celebrates 100 years 1911-2011
- Saluting a Centenarian – Sr. Aloysius
- Cousin Billy by Declan O’ Shea
- Josie Ivors – Visits America
- Births, Deaths & Marriages
- Gaelic 4 mothers
- Killaloe Coast Guard Rescue Craft – “Dalton”
- Ballincurry Priest’s contribution to local history by Martin Maher
- Presentation to Fr. Tom Breen P.P. by Ballingarry G.A.A. Club
- Ballingarry G.A.A. Club Hosts Tipperary G.A.A. Lotto
- Everything and the Kitchen Sink
- A little Lifetime Foundation by James & Carmel Croke, Mohober
- Matt Alexander – Proud to represent Ireland
- The smiling face of Africa by Sarah Casey
- Reports from sporting clubs – Ballingarry Senior G.A.A, Juvenile G.A.A, Friends of Ballingarry G.A.A., Ballingarry Albion F.C., Coolquill A.C., Crohane Gun Club, Crohane Coursing Club, Ballingarry Gun Club, World Taekwondo Association, Glengoole/Gortnahoe Ladies Football (Ballingarry involvement), Jessfield Harriers, Ballingarry Community Games & Ballingarry Camogie Club
- Reports from Schools – Presentation Secondary School, St. Joseph’s N.S., Mohober N.S., Lisnamrock N.S., Slieveardagh N.S., Brightsparks Childcare & Slieveardagh Community Childcare Centre.
- Community, Societies, Clubs, Services & Farming – Ballingarry Community Centre, St. Vincent de Paul, Ballingarry Bridge Club, Larry Wall-Fitzpatrick, Ballingarry I.C.M.S.A., Famine 1848 Walk, The Slieveardagh Cultural & Enterprise Centre, Killenaule, Ballingarry Parish Bóthar Committee, Chernobyl 2011 Thurles & district news & Ballingarry Civil Defence.
- Photos – Weddings, Achievements, Graduations, Picture Parade (old & new) & colour section
Our Colour Section contains some lovely photos of the year past and our Picture Parade has some old and present day photos to enjoy.